HelloBCN Hostel - the hostel of hostels in Barcelona!



Welcome to helloBCN hostel's blog! You'll find a lot of very useful information here. Get the low down on Barcelona's top nightclubs, bars, cheap eats and must-sees. Check out some of the funny and informative travel articles. Take advantage of the opportunity to share your memories of the best hostel in Barcelona with friends and other guests. Post photos, leave comments, share a page or two from your diary and help create a page in the history of our home.


Submit your posts or photos to: hellobcnblog@gmail.com

For the official HelloBCN Hostel Barcelona webpage go to www.hellobcnhostel.com. Online reservations available.

Thank-you, and happy travels from all of us here at helloBCN hostel, Barcelona.

***

HelloBCN Hostel Barcelona

HelloBCN Hostel Barcelona
where the fun never stops

Monday 22 February 2010

Diary of an intern...it begins.

Hi! My name is Laura, I’m the new trainee here in HelloBCN! I come from Belgium and Barcelona is a new city for me to discover. Thanks to this blog, I’d like to share my personal experiences with you. You will know everything about what I liked, and even advices if I can ;-)

This first post is about a one-day trip to Tarragona I’ve made with a friend last week.

If, as me, you have a bit of time to spend in Barcelona and you want to discover a new city without wasting time in the public transports, I warmly recommend you to go to Tarragona, designated as World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Only one hour by train (and 12€ return ticket) and you will discover a wonderful city, first capital of Hispania and full of history from the Roman times.

I particulary liked the Roman Amphitheatre, offering an amazing sea view and located at only 10 min walking from the station. You can get inside for 3€ but I think this is quite disappointing: the restricted walking area don’t allow you to approach the ruins of the church in the middle. Beautiful, yes, but worth it only from the exterior!

After that, you can wander in the numerous streets of the city. In that way, you will discover la Rambla Nova, la Plaça de la Imperial Tarraco, museums and various other curiosities which I let you the pleasure to meet randomly.

And if, as me, at the end of the day, you are a bit tired by your trip, don’t hesitate to rest on the beach and enjoy the wonderful landscape before taking the train back to Barcelona!




No comments: